Monday, November 22, 2010

Blog Post 13

For this blog post, we were to review websites such as ALEX and ACCESS.

ALEX logo

As for ALEX, I have been on that website before to search for sample lesson plans for other classes I have taken. I was able to dig a little deeper for this blog post and I have to say, I was impressed with all that I found. There are several resources available to teachers. I was most impressed by the lesson plans available. This is a great resource to help when you're not feeling very creative.

Additionally, ALEX helps you connect with other educators. This appears to be a consolidated place to share ideas with other Alabama educators, as opposed to places like Twitter. There are also educational links made available for you. You are able to search lesson plans or search by courses of study. What a great resource!

ACCESS logo

As for ACCESS, I had not previously viewed this site. I was delighted to find that this resource was available for students. It seems that they have an opportunity for more education via the internet. Specifically, I saw there was help for the Alabama Graduation Exam and test prep. This seems to be almost an equivalent resource for students that ALEX is for teachers.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with what you said here! I had to teach French to second graders while still in high school. Sometimes coming up with lesson plans could be stressful because I would run out of creative ideas. ALEX is a fantastic site in my opinion. I also found ACCESS TO be interesting and helpful for high school students. Good writing!

    ReplyDelete