Monday, November 1, 2010

C4T #3

Larry Ferlazzo
For my 3rd teacher, I was assigned Larry Ferlazzo.
Comment #1
His post is as follows:
“Southeast Asians Make Great Strides In U.S.”
Filed under social studies
“Southeast Asians Make Great Strides In U.S.” is the headline of an article in the Sacramento Bee. It discusses the Mien, Vietnamese and Hmong.
I’m adding the article to The Best Websites To Learn About The Hmong.
My comment:
Hi Larry,
My name is Brittany Schneider and I am in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading your post, as well as the article you attached. I feel that in the multi-cultural world that we live in, it is important to know about the different ethnic groups, as well as their journey and struggles to get here. While I am in Alabama and we do not have much of an Asian population, as a future Social Studies teacher, I feel I need to be properly educated on all ethnic groups. On a personal note, I feel proud for each of the groups mentioned in the article. Everyone has their own struggle, but it also shows that if you want something bad enough, you will work until you succeed. And that is a lesson I will be sure to instill in my students.
Thank you for sharing,
Brittany Schneider
Comment #2
His post is as follows:
jack-o-lantern
Halloween Additions
Filed under social studies
Here are even more additions to The Best Websites For Learning About Halloween:
Slate has a slideshow of older Halloween images.
Masked politics: Halloween favorites in Washington and elsewhere is the title of a Washington Post slideshow.
My Parents Loved Halloween is a fun site where people post pictures of how their parents celebrated Halloween.
My response:
Hi Larry,
I very much enjoyed this blog post. Personally, Halloween is my second favorite holiday, falling behind Christmas. I hope to be able to teach about all holidays celebrated, especially in the United States, in depth. In all of my social studies classes, little was taught about Halloween. Thank you for sharing all of this with us. You inspire me to dig deeper and give more information than just the standard, mainstream information available.
Brittany Schneider
EDM310
University of South Alabama

No comments:

Post a Comment