Monday, November 1, 2010

C4K #3, 4, 5, 6, 7

school bus
I commented on Room 16's Got Talent Blog, Post 7 for my C4K #3. Their post was:
Rippa Rugby
On saturday 28 students went on a trip to go and watch Auckland Vs Welligton. We went there to go and play rippa rugby. We did not have any traings but we still came a tie at Eden park. We Went by bus on the expoler bus. We where playing as scotland. We played canada they where deven port school. When we got on to the felid we got the first try then they got the next try and another try. Then it came for our next half Tui got the next try and then Lepa got the next that made us win by one. But then it was to much and they got a try. It was so cold and it was so cold that you would slip over. After our game we watch the Auckland VS Welligton ITM match.We where shouting wildy shouting Auckland Auckland saying it over and over. Woo it was loud. Auckland was chucking some small balls and huge balls. Auckland Won Twenety one to sixteen and the crowd went wild YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Auckland won. In the end I felt Tired
My comment:
BrittanySchneider said...
Hi. My name is Brittany and I am a student of the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama, USA. I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class. I enjoyed your blog post. What an exciting trip! You did a great job at rippa rugby! To tie without any prior training, you should be proud of yourself! Also, I'm sure you had a great time at the game. It's always so exciting when you attend a game and the team you are cheering for wins! I would be tired too. You had a very long, but fun day. Thank you for sharing your experience.
For my C4K#4, I was assigned Ryhanh's blog.
His post was as follows:
In the weekend I went to my mums house. As soon as I got to my Mums we had Potato and Egg Cassorole. When I got out of my Mums van my little brother Jacob-James was soaking wet. Then I went inside to see my baby sister Kansas-Jade. Before we went to my mums house we had to go to the Warehouse to replace my mums dvd player. After we had dinner we went to my aunty Stacey’s. We stayed at my aunty Staceys for the night. For breakfast on Saturday morning we had Tomatos on toast. After about 2 hours my aunty Jasmine and my Uncle nick came over. On sunday morning for breakfast we had chops and egg on toast. After breakfast I helped mum with the dishes and then we watched Garfield The Movie and Ice Age. Then for tea we had Chicken and roast. AND THAT WAS THE END OF MY WEEKEND.
My comment:
Hi, my name is Brittany Schneider and I am from the USA. I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. Wow- reading your post made me hungry! Thank you for sharing your weekend with us. It sounds like you had a good time and got to visit with a lot of your family. How did you like Ice Age? I really liked it. It was very funny! Also, it’s great you helped your mom with the dishes. That shows responsibility on your part. I am also a mom and I love when my daughter helps me do things around the house. She especially likes helping me cook. Keep up the good work on your blog!
Comments for Kids Additional Assignment
Blog:

The Other Side of Learning

Education is important. As an adolescent going through the school system, I can honestly say that school is preparing me to become a contributing member of society not just a knowledgeable person. Many people think that the point of going to school is to learn math, science, reading, and writing, but that is only half of the truth. The famous quote, “Life is a journey, not a destination” can be applied to the idea of education; education is a journey, not a destination.
The most important things I have learned in school are as follows (in no particular order):
1. I learned how to listen
2. I learned how to work with my peers (both smarter and less smart than myself)
3. I learned how to communicate with adults
4. I learned how to articulate my ideas
5. I learned how to ask questions
6. I learned how to ask for help
7. I learned how to manage my time
8. I learned the importance of integrity
9. I learned how to defend my opinions
10. I learned how to respect other people’s opinions
11. I learned how to be social
12. I learned how to study
13. I learned how to solve problems
14. I learned to think creatively
The process of learning things has taught me more about the world, people, and myself than any lecture has ever done. A population without this rite is at a great disservice, because if the youth don’t learn about these important aspects of their lives before they are brainwashed by the thinking’s of their society then when will they learn?
In English class we have been reading The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver. I came across this passage and I was saddened by its implications, “crowds of boys from our village and the next one over come straggling in for their education. It’s only the boys, and not all of them either, since most of the parents don’t approve of learning French or the other foreign element in general” ( 126). One thing that strikes me in this passage is that all of the boys don’t go to school. Later on in the passage Rachel (the speaker) says, “by the time they are twelve or so, their education is over and out.” I understand that boys and girls are expected to help keep the village functioning, but if a little more time and effort were invested into education then the village could greatly benefit from increased efficiency and higher technology. Another thing I noticed was the parent’s rejection of education. They are stuck in a vicious cycle. The parents are only repeating what they did as children, but societies like these need education. The amounts of good that a sound education could provide for places like this are endless. The most disheartening thing about this passage was the fact that girls are neglected an education. I know how different their lives could be if they were educated. I draw a lot of my confidence from the knowledge and schooling that I have. I am able to talk to anyone, man or women, professor or waiter because I have confidence in my ability to articulate my ideas, confidence to defend my ideas, and the confidence that I deserve their time. People believe what they are taught, and if you are taught that your role in the family is to cook, clean, and bear children, then that becomes your personal narrative. However, if you are able to go to school and be exposed to different cultures, ideologies, and experiences or if you are able to be taught by someone who harnesses your potential then the course of your life could be incredibly altered. For me, my mind has been opened by studying the craft behind language and I have been empowered by teachers who have pushed me to my intellectual limits.
The oppression of girls around the world is scary, as I was reading about women in Saudi Arabia, I found this bit of information from A Human Rights Watch report (July 8, 2009). Saudi law “requires Saudi women to obtain permission from male guardians (fathers, husbands, brothers, or male children) before they can carry out a host of day-to-day activities, such as education, employment, travel, opening a bank account, or receiving medical care.” Imagine if your life was manipulated by someone else, someone who might not always have your best interests in mind? The scarier thought though, is that these women might not realize the injustices that they are living in. Because it is the norm in Saudi Arabia to be subordinate to males how could women know to expect more? Education is the answer to that question, and the opportunity for both boys and girls to be educated would make the world a better place, I guarantee it.

My Comment:
BrittanySchneider said...
Hi. I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. Your post is excellent. You give a lot of great points regarding education. There are so many lessons to be learned, other than just the information that is presented to us. Education is a journey, and one I feel should never stop. It is important to not take our freedom, especially in regards to education, for granted. So many people are not allowed the rights to learn the way we are and unfortunately so many of us throw our opportunities away. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I look forward to reading your future posts. C4K#5 I was assigned a student in Miss Byrne's class, Reagan. Her blog post:  
My teacher Miss Byrnes and my class are going to be doing a video about ourselfs. I dont want to look like a goof but I will. I will bring some baby pictures of me and then some from the years growing up. I hope my class doesnt laugh at me but if they do i will probably laugh with them. I’m worried about this Windows Movie maker i’ve never used it before and im kind of scared. My teacher wont help me if i have questions. So if you know about WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER let me know. Thanks 
My comment:
Hi Reagan,
My name is Brittany and I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I understand your fear of Windows Movie Maker. I just used it for the first time myself a few weeks ago. We were required to make a podcast and I used movie maker to edit my podcast before posting it to my blog. It is very easy to use. I’m sure that if I can do it, you can too! I’m sure everyone will get a good chuckle over everyone’s pictures. But, it is all in good fun! Everyone changes so much between birth and 7th grade. Good luck with your project and think optimistically! Thank you for sharing with us!




For my C4K #6, I was assigned Valen's blog. His post was as follows:
My teacher Greta!
October 6, 2010 ~ 8 Comments
I have a teacher that her name is Greta. She is very funny and she plays with us. We have fun and we learn a lot !! She has a cat, his name is Cookie ! Greta took pictures of her cat and the next day she showed them to us. We laugh a lot with her!! All Fridays at the end of the class we have “Singing Fridays” that means that she invites us to come to the front but only who want to sing. And the songs are in English! That is very funny
Valen
My comment was as follows:
Hi Valen,
My name is Brittany Schneider and I am in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I enjoyed reading your blog. I’m so glad you like your teacher. It will definitely make the class more enjoyable. Singing Fridays sounds like a lot of fun! Do you go to the front of the class and sing too? Its important to have fun while learning. We have fun and laugh a lot in my class too.
Keep up the good work!
Brittany
For my C4K #7, I was assigned Sarah R. Her comment was:
Washington Parish Fair
October 22, 2010 ~ 2 Comments
Hi, yesterday we went to a fair. We had lots of fun!! First we went to the petting zoo. We got to pet the bunnies, cows, and goats. After we got to go pretend we were milking the cow. Then we got to go pet the chicks. Later we got to pet another cow. After we got to eat our food. Trust me there was alot of bees in that place! Afterward we got to get snowballs. They were good! Next we got to go look in cabins at Miles Branch Settlement. I bought cheese from the genral store. It was pretty big to me! THEN BOUGHT A PING PONG GUN. Afterward we got to go play on the playground! I got play with my gun on a hill! Then we had to go home. I HAD SO MUCH FUN!
My comment:
Hi Sarah,
My name is Brittany Schneider and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I enjoyed reading your blog. It sounds like you had a lot of fun at the fair! It is great that you get to go on a field trip and have that much fun!! I love going to petting zoos. What is your favorite animal? Snowballs are my absolute favorite thing about festivals and fairs. I had not one, but two a few weeks ago at a festival we have close to here called the Shrimp Festival. Buying things while on a field trip are a great way to remember the experience. Do you have any more trips coming up?
Keep up the good work,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment