Monday, November 29, 2010

C4K#8, C4K#9, C4K#10, Special Yasime C4K

For my C4K #8, I was assigned Kenya's blog in Noel Elementary Class of 2011. her post was as follows:
Yes, I will try to get to know a person by the way they are in the inside instead of judging them on how they dress or, on how they look in the outside.
Yes, I have made a judgment about someone before meeting them and, once I knew how that person was I Totally changed my mind about them.
In my opinion I think that we judge each other because people are just jealous by the way you look and, dress.
My comment:
Hi Kenya,
My name is Brittany Schneider and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I enjoyed reading your post and your decision to make a difference in judging people. You're right- it is very easy to judge others without knowing anything about them. And like you said, most times your first impression of someone is wrong. It is important to be open minded about other people. When you first see them or meet them, you don't know where they come from or their personal history. For instance, if someone is wearing ragged shoes, you may not know that they come from a single-parent household with multiple siblings. Or if someone seems very rude, they may be try to overcompensate for the fact that they were picked on by other kids and using their rudeness as a defense mechanism. There are multiple reasons a person may seem a certain way, but in reality, that's not the way they really are. As you are learning, life can be tough and not everyone is instantly nice or open minded. You can be the one to make the difference. It's important to take the time to get to know someone before you decide if you like them or not. You don't have to be friends with everyone, but make sure the reasons you may dislike them are valid ones. I am proud of your resolution. Keep up the good work, Brittany

C4K#9 

SchoolTube – Weather Skit

SchoolTube – Weather Skit.
Student performed and produced Skit.,

C4K #10:
My adventure has begun. I am in Portland, Oregon. Portland, Oregon is 3,000 miles from where I came from. I saw the Columbia River were it marks Washington and Oregon. I saw Mt. Hood it looked really big.

flatrohin1

My response:
Hi. My name is Brittany and I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. What a great project! It is wonderful that you are able to travel the world all from your classroom. Portland, Oregon looks beautiful. I have not visited there yet, but I hope to one day. Maybe I should take a virtual trip there. What other places have you been able to visit? Keep up the good work! Thank you for sharing, Brittany

C4K#11
Current Events
students on computer

November 18, 2010 ~ 0 Comments

Current events are fun to put together, but I got really scared when I went up in front of the whole class to present. I like how Helena put an opinion in the end of hers. I did my current event about the Iberian lynx. I like current events because you learn about news that you normally wouldn’t hear.

My response:
Hi Katie,
My name is Brittany Schneider and I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I enjoyed reading your blog post. I also enjoy doing current event projects. I will be a social studies teacher soon and I am already looking for fun projects for my future students. When you research current events, it gives you a passport to another land of knowledge that you would not usually look into. The more you can learn, the better. Besides, learning is fun.
Keep up the good work,
Brittany

Special Yasime C4K Assignment:
The best recess in history!

November 17, 2010 ~ 5 Comments

Me and my friends Ciara, Anay, Genesis, Alessandra, Katerina and Subika were at recess. I run a gymnastics class at recess so I split everyone into 2 groups. Some worked on flexibility and agility by jumping on the seperate bars of the monkey bars. One group practiced and tried to do all kinds of the stunts we practiced before like back – hand springs and front flips. The girls were advancing very quickly. I tryed something I thought would work out and hung upside down on the monkey bars. I told Ciara to do so and she got help to hang beside me high on the bars. We hung upside down with one leg and chained our arms togther like pro trapeze artists. Everyone was clapping loudly and squealing ” Look, Look!” I wish everybody could see us. It felt like flying. This was the best recess in history.

My response:
Hi Yasmine,
My name is Brittany Schneider and I am a student in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. Your blog looks great! I loved reading your post about your recess. That sounds like so much fun! You must be really good at gymnastics to have a class. I have always wanted to learn the trapeze. Thank you for sharing with us. Keep up the good work!
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment